Public transit plays an increasingly important role in meeting the travel and mobility needs of the Mobile Urban Area. Fixed route and demand response ridership has increased over the past several years. It is important to address the role that public transportation plays in the transportation network and mobility. The goal of public transportation is to enable citizens of the area to move safely, efficiently, and economically within the community.
Click HERE for Transit Section of LRTP
A summary of the future Transit Projects and Service Enhancements is included in the document, as is a summary of both general and concise descriptions of proposed recommendations over the next 25 years. Projects will be phased as recommended:
- 2019, 2020 and 2021 Immediate and Phase 1 Route Implementation
- 2022, 2023 Tripper Service (Phase 2 and 3) Implementation
- 2023 Phase 4 Implementation Rosa Parks Intermodal Transportation Center
- 2024 Phase 4 Implementation
- 2025-2030 Phase 4 and Phase 5 Service Enhancement
Capital improvements will continue to be implemented. The following is a list of projects planned for inclusion in future Transportation Improvement Programs for The Wave Transit.
- Rosa Parks Intermodal Transportation Hub
- Rolling Stock
- Passenger Amenities and Capital Improvements
- Park and Rides
- Transit Funding